Denouncing Violence Against Asian Americans
San Fernando Valley Refugee Children Center, Inc. has a long-standing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we stand against racism in all forms.
We are deeply saddened by the recent events surrounding the targeted shootings in Atlanta. We unequivocally denounce the recent surge of violent, racist attacks against Asian Americans. We will continue to stand with our communities against all forms of racism.
Here are resources to help you take action to support AAPI organizations and neighbors around California:
Lend your voice
Sign and share these petitions to raise awareness and stop anti-Asian racism:
- Get mainstream news coverage of national elderly Asian American assaults
- Provide Safety Ambassadors & prevent Hate Crimes on elderly in San Francisco Chinatown
- End Hate Crimes against Asian Americans
Make a donation
- A3PCON is a coalition of community-based organizations that advocates for the rights and needs of the Asian and Pacific Islander American Community.
- Center for Pacific Asian Family is a Los Angeles non-profit whose mission is to build healthy and safe communities by addressing the root causes and consequences of family violence and violence against women. They also work in partnership with other communities to eradicate all forms of violence.
- Stop AAPI Hate aggregates and responds to incidents of hate and harassment against Asian American/Pacific Islanders. Stop AAPI Hate received 1,843 reports of anti-Asian discrimination due to COVID-19 in its first eight weeks of reporting (March 19 to May 13).
- Hate is a virus started as a grassroots movement to combat racism and xenophobia against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders fueled by COVID-19.
- Act To Change is a national nonprofit organization working to address bullying, including in the AAPI community. They published “The Racism is a Virus Toolkit” to support the community in combating racism.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus is a national nonprofit organization that focuses on housing rights, immigration, civil rights, and labor rights for Asian Americans.
- National Council of Asian Pacific Americans is a nonprofit organization that serves to represent the interests of the greater Asian American and Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander communities through a coalition of 37 national Asian Pacific American organizations around the country.
The Refugee Children Center Board of Directors 2021